Interested in submitting a piece to Technically Different?
Deadline: Rolling Deadline
Technically Different is a new digital, open access journal seeking to publish diverse written and visual art that reflects the diverse realities of the tech world and the people who work in it—from software engineers to technical writers. We seek a multitude of voices that encompass different races, sexualities, identities, and neurodivergencies within the tech industry.
This journal centers around the idea that the tech world is a diverse and growing place, and every unique facet of it should be showcased, and the path each person has taken to find their niche within the tech world should be highlighted and their story told.
Types of Submission Accepted:
Written submissions, including, but not limited to:
- Creative Writing Pieces (3000 words max.)
- Narratives Focused on Reflection (3000 words max.)
- Poetry (3 poems per submission)
- Video Game Reviews (1500 words max.)
Art Submissions including, but not limited to:
- Photography § Digital Art (i.e. Animation, Graphic Design)
- Video Games
- Graphic Narratives
- Videos showcasing interactive art pieces
Not sure what type of piece to submit?
Consider these questions:
- When you think about the tech world, what story do you think needs to be told?
- What about your journey into tech was different from your peers’ journey?
- What will you contribute to your field?
- How are you changing your field?
To submit a piece, or if you have any questions, please email: email@example.com